Our design professionals specialise in a diverse range of building types. Their leadership, experience, knowledge and passion for their chosen field of expertise combine to add value to every project.
- Ben Kearney
- Brett Somerville
- Chad Brown
- Charles Glanville
- Chris Irwin
- Chris Straw
- Costa Vorkas
- David Bryant
- David Frost
- David Lane
- Dayne Mearns
- Denise White
- Don Marshall
- Gavin Kickbush
- Graham Legerton
- Greg Dart
- Greg Thrum
- Iwan Sadono
- Liza Ringdahl
- Mark Eden
- Matt Hutchinson
- Nic Hughan
- Patrick Ong
- Philip Wong
- Pino Gentile
- Robert Puflett
- Russell Girle
- Sandra Parker
- Tieran Kimber
- Tim Bentley
- Tony Houston
- Wayne Schomberg
Don Marshall National Design Director, Partner. Brisbane.
- Bachelor of Architecture (Honours), UQ
- Graduate Diploma in Urban Design (Distinction), QUT
Don has worked on a wide variety of architectural and urban design projects, including large-scale projects in Tourism, Commercial, Health and Aged Care and Education. Throughout his career he has been involved in all areas of architectural practice from schematic design to on site Contract Administration.
As a result of his extensive and specialised architectural experience in the Healthcare industry, Don has played a key role in building and maintaining ThomsonAdsett’s Health discipline, working on major health projects such as the Townsville, Rockhampton and Bundaberg Hospital redevelopments, as well as a number of private hospitals.
From 1994 to 2000, Don managed ThomsonAdsett's Central Queensland office. Throughout this period Don oversaw the development of several significant projects, including major buildings for the Gladstone Mater Hospital and the Rockhampton Hospital re-development. In 2004 Don was appointed Managing Director of Studio 39, a subsidiary boutique design studio specialising in urban design, mixed use and community based projects. As Managing Director Don has been instrumental in leading the charge towards more sustainable design outcomes for clients. He was the Project Director for Port Central 1 at the Port of Brisbane, which was the third building in Queensland to achieve a 5-star Green Star rating from the Green Building Council of Australia.
Don has played a key role in the following projects which have received commendations from industry bodies.
- Port Central 1, Brisbane (RAIA Beatrice Hutton award 2008)
- Wynnum CBD Urban Renewal Charette (Planning Institute of Australia)
- Rainbow Valley Early Learning Centre, Gladstone (Royal Australian Institute of Architects)
- Clow Residence, Boyne Island (RAIA)
- Boyne Tannum Memorial Parklands, Boyne Island (RAIA)
- Millennium Esplanade, Tannum Sands (in association with Calliope Shire Council) (RAIA)
- Bethany Home Revelopment, Rockhampton (Stage 1) (RAIA)
- Taroom Community Cente, Taroom (RAIA)
- Kingaroy Visitor Information Centre (RAIA)